• Faithful to my Homeland, the Republic of Poland



  • 13 May 2011

    2nd European Higher Education Fair

    2nd European Higher Education Fair took place in Jakarta on 9th and 10th October. Embassy's booth was visited by Vice Minister of Education of Indonesia prof. Fasli Djalal, the Ambassador of UE Delagation in Indonesia H.E.Jullian Willson and, last but not least, more than 200 indonesian visitors. During 2 days of the 2nd EHEF over 13 thousands of students and parents have came to find the information about the studies in Europe.

    You are a student... or you want to become one. You are interested in studies abroad.


    Below you can find some useful information:

    Higher Education System in Poland

    Study in Poland 

    Where to study

    Courses in English

    The students who have visited booth of Embassy during 2nd EHEF asked about our country, language, scholarships and coast of living. Some of this FAQ with answers you can find below.

    Q: If I know only English will I survive in Poland?

    A: Yes, of course. In bigger Polish cities you won't have problems to communicate in English. But if you're planning to visit some small villages in a countryside you'd better take your dictionary.

    Q: Will I find any programmes in English language?

    A: Yes. All courses that you can see in the attached brochures are in English.

    Q: What do I need to apply for student visa:

    A: Here are the requirements for STUDENT VISA :

    • application form (available at the Consular Section and Embassy's webpage), filled with block letters without any corrections,
    • 2photos with the light background 3,5x4,5 cm,
    • passport (original +copy) valid at least 3 month longer than the date of leaving Poland,
    • reference letter from university, science institute, etc. with all the contact details,
    • address and telephone number while in Poland,
    • return plane ticket,
    • medical insurance valid for the stay in Poland.

    Read more:

    Doctoral Studies (from

    Today many departments of state institutions of higher education run doctoral courses (3-4 years). A candidate must have a master's degree or an equivalent degree. The degree of doctor is awarded to candidates who submitted and successful defended before a thesis committee of a doctoral dissertation and passed a doctoral examination. The degree is awarded by the duly authorized Department Council.
    A foreigner may enroll for doctoral studies provided he or she has a diploma of a master's course of study obtained in Poland, or a legalized diploma or another certificate of completion of a higher education obtained abroad and recognized under separate provisions as equivalent to a Polish master's studies diploma.
    More info about diploma recognition on web site of 
    Bureau for Academic Recognition and International Exchange
    Polish diplomatic missions abroad offer information on studies in Poland (application forms) and assistance in applying.

    Read more: google: phd in Poland

    All the best for your studies and I hope we will meet in Poland soon.

    Print Print Share: