• Faithful to my Homeland, the Republic of Poland



  • If you are a family member of the EU/EEA/Switzerland citizen, you can apply for the visa in a simplified way.


    According to Directive 2004/38/EC a family member of EU citizen means:


    • the spouse
    • the direct descendants who are under the age of 21 or are dependants and those of the spouse/partner
    • the dependent direct relatives in the ascending line and those of the spouse/partner


    Keep in mind that the facilitation of the issuance of visas for family members of an EU citizen are relevant when the applicant is joining an EU citizen or accompanying him/her.


    The minimum required documents:


    1. completed visa application form;

    2. 1 biometric photograph;

    3. passport (it must be valid for at least 3 months after returning from Schengen area, passport must have at least 2 empty pages for visas and must not be older than 10 years);

    4. passport of your EU spouse (we will make a copy of this passport and return it at the meeting);

    5. original marriage or birth certificate proving the relationship with the EU citizen/certificate of remaining finacially dependent (if certificate is issued not by EU member state competent authorities, it must have legalization or Apostille stamp on it. It must also be translated into Polish or English (if issued in other languages) by certified Polish translators);

    6. proof of traveling together with family member of the EU citizen (e.g. plane ticket reservation, a statement of the EU citizen).




    The basic legal act regulating the rules of entry into the territory of the Republic of Poland for family members of EU citizens is the Act of 14 July 2006 on the entry into, residence in and exit from the Republic of Poland of nationals of the European Union Member States and their family members (Journal of Laws No.144, item 1043, as amended). The provisions of the Act are transposing of the Directive 2004/38/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 29 April 2004 on the right of citizens of the Union and their family members to move and reside freely within the territory of the Member States.It should be clarified that Directive 2004/38 (and hence also implemented on the basis of the Act) generally applies only to those EU citizens (and their family members) who move to another Member State or reside in a Member State other than to which they are nationals. EU citizens residing in the country of which they are nationals generally cannot rely on the rights granted by Community law on free movement of persons and their family members are subject to national immigration laws. Therefore if you are a family member of a Polish national, who lives in Poland and does not exercise a treaty right of free movement in the EU, you need to apply for a visa under general regulations.


    Print Print Share: